Monday, September 8, 2008

Welcome to Imezza

He couldn’t breathe. Lubic opened his eyes, thrashing wildly about. There! Way above him, he could see the spot where the sun kissed the water’s edge. It looked like quite a ways above him, but his lungs were screaming and he knew he had to try.

"Lubic, just breathe normally."

He glanced around wildly, but there was no time! He thought his lungs had been screaming before, but that was a mere whisper compared to now! He kicked his way towards air, towards life.

"LUBIC! JUST BREATHE NORMALLY!"

He hesitated, and in that instant accidentally breathed in through his nose. Instead of the nose-full of water he was expecting, he got air.

"What the...?"

"Lubic, why the heck did you bring yourself to my planet under the sea? I thought you would meet me on one of the islands, where I could explain this to you before you started panicking!" Azalyn rolled her eyes once again. "My predecessor made a rule that all visiting Starlords and Spacelords would be able to breathe beneath the seas of Imezza. It was put into effect after one of the Spacelords made it so that we could breathe the air of other worlds."

"So I won’t drown?"

"No."

Lubic took in a deeper breath this time. Sure enough, no water. "Neat. And this will remain true for the whole time I’m on your planet."

"Yes. This whole time and every other time you visit."

"So how do I move around then?"

"You can swim."

2 comments:

Shawn of Major said...

I just found this Shauna.
All I can say is:
Awe Some

Shauna said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :)