Monday, August 11, 2008

A Meeting of Minds

"Spacelord! It's Azalyn! Please, stop screaming!"

Lubic looked again at the reflection staring back at him. It was a bit distorted, and every so often the reflection seemed to ripple a bit, but yes, it was the fish woman. "Azalyn! What are you doing in my mirror? Get out of there!"

"Lubic, I am not in your mirror! I am just talking to you through it!"

"Then where are you?"

"I am on Imezza."

"Imezza?"

"My home world! Weren't you listening to anything I told you yesterday?"

"Quite honestly, no."

"LUBIC! You are a SPACELORD! How are you going to help anyone when you can't even listen when people introduce themselves?"

"Azalyn, look at it from my perspective for a minute. One day I'm a normal guy. The next, I have aliens and witches telling me I'm a super hero or something. Did you honestly think I would take that at face value?"

"But you should have been told all of this years ago! It should not have been a big surprise when I first showed up!"

"Look darlin, it is what it is. If you want my help, you're going to have to be really patient with me."

"Do you still think this is a dream, Lubic?"

"Honestly, I'm starting to have my doubts. I've never had a dream as long and crazy as this one. Although I guess it's possible I'm in a coma..."

"Lubic," a roll of midnight eyes, "why is it so hard to accept that I am real?"

"Remember, my perspective."

"Alright. I will try to be more patient with you. But you in turn have to try to have an open mind!"

"Deal. So what did you need?"

"I need you to come to my planet to help me."

"WHAT?"

No comments: